Saturday, August 15, 2009

Merdeka Ride ~ Aug 16, 2009



Again, I signed up for another event on Aug 16, 2009~Merdeka Ride. Again...this is my first time for this kind of event. yeah:)

This event is held in conjunction with Merdeka Day. There are two types of rides, i.e. professional ride (52 km) and family ride (15 km). I signed up for family ride...no doubt. :P

To me , the main purpose is to exercise and get sweat. Besides, this event also promoted the concept of recycle...

I wake up at 6:15 am today to get myself ready. Then, I met up my friends around 7 am and we departed together. We reached the starting point at around 7 something. The weather was good, and because it was a Sunday morning, there is not much car at that time. The starting time was supposed to be at 7:45 amfor professional ride and at 8:30 amfor family ride. However, due to some "unforeseen" circumstances, the starting time were around 8:30 am for both professional and family rides. We didn't start our ride at that time because there was a problem with the wheel for one of our bike. So, we took the bike to the shop and we started off at around 8:45 am.

We skipped some roads in order to join the other friends. It was a day which is suitable f0r this kind of exercise. The weather not hot and no raining. However, more cars, motorbikes and lorries towards the end of the event. So, it was kinda dangerous so we need to be extra careful. We reached the ending point at around 10 am.

It was tiring...but we had a great experience and we bring home memories.... and, we made it! Uhoo

No comments: