Saturday, June 27, 2009

Walk For Sight Charity Walk 2009



This is a Lions SightFirst Project in conjunction with Lions 50 years of community services in Malaysia. Jointly organised by Lions Clubs, Leo Clubs and St.Nicholas' Home, Penang in partnership with Penang Sports Club. The purpose is to raise awareness of importance of eyes and donation.

It was a Sunday morning, and we wake at 7 am. Earlier than the time we wake up during working days. We need to gathered at Padang Polo at 8 am for some speech, aerobic and registration. The walk started at around 8 something.

The weather is pretty good...not hazey, no rain and not much sun...which is very ideal for a morning walk. The walk is about 2.3 km. We need to be in a pair, two of us are suppose to take turn blindfolded and the one with no blindfolded are suppose to navigate. We walk pretty slow as not used to it and too many people. We need to trust each other very much. The little baby girl also joined us for the walk. (She joined us before for the Relay for Life project)

The walk started from Jalan Sepoy Line, headed to Jalan Macalister, then Jalan Residential and then lastly went back to Jalan Sepoy Line. If it was not because of this event, we wouldn't walk in these few roads as there are too many cars. So, this was an memorable experience to evenyone of us besides being blindfolded.

After the walk, there was a lucky draw session. I didn't wait until the last minutes so I passed my lucky draw number to my friends. My friend called me up and informed me that my number has won a 1 night's stay with breakfast for 2 at Bayview Hotel....the only winner in our group. Hm...I need to find a partner soon. :P

Overall, I had fun and this would be an unforgetable experience for me.

No comments: